12/29/10

Remembering. :)

Heather did a post like this, and I thought it was a really good idea.

What I want to remember about Christmas 2010.

Christmas eve, with the whole fam damily. Aunt Karen, Gramma and Grampa, Aunt Dianne and Uncle Ron, James, my brothers, my parents, Turbo, Gizmo, Hermie, and Carter! :) We played What? and ate a LOT of food! Then I went to Carter's house and we watched Despicable Me! :)

The traditional Christmas morning wake up call - 4:30 in the am. I was back in bed by 5:15. And I got some wonderful gifts! An AMA Membership [the gift that keeps giving!], a car safety kit, a camera, and iPod speakers from the bf! He's so good to me!

The first Christmas day I spent fully away from my family. And it was a wonderful day!! Elizabeth made a delicious dinner, and it felt normal, with a lot of testosterone running around!! :)

Boxing day morning, when Viktoria - aka, my best friend in the whole wide world - texted me bright and early in the morning and said.. "Guess who came down early!!" The answer? Her. :) Made my whole day, especially since Carter had just left.

When I got to call Kaiti on her 19th birthday. She's an old fart.

When the Comets won Sugarbowl 44, for the first time since like 2002. Pathetic. But good for them!! :) Way to make us proud, boys!!

The fact that I wore flip flops on December 28. No big deal. (But I woke up this morning to about 10cm of snow. And it's freaking cold. Way to disappoint me, Mother Nature.. I thought you were gonna let us off easy this year.)

I got to talk to Elder Paxman! :) It was against his rules, and it was just over Facebook.. But we had like an intense conversation about life - for real, not just missionary life! - and it was so amazing. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend like him! I'm so proud of him! :)



Are we too grownup to feel a thrill
As we light the Christmas tree?
Are we immune to cookies,
Christmas cards and Christmas glee?



Are we too adult to "Ooh" and "Aah"
At the Christmas candle's glow?
Are we blasé about our gifts;
Do we shun the mistletoe?



Are we too mature for carols,
For merry or for jolly?
Do the decorations leave us cold,
The ornaments and holly?



Fat chance! We'll never grow too old
To love the Christmas magic.
A year without a Christmas
Would be boring, even tragic.



So bring it on! The candy canes,
The feasting and good cheer;
O Christmas, lovely Christmas,
You're the highlight of the year!



By Joanna Fuchs

No comments:

Post a Comment