12/22/10

it's the most wonderful time..

of the year!

It's almost Christmas!
It's so close I can almost taste it!
Really. I'm not even exaggerating.
It tastes like eggnog, and chocolate oranges, and shortbread cookies, and turkey.
And while we're here..
It smells like cinnamon and peppermint, and cranberries.
It feels like cold toes and cheeks, but warm socks.
It looks like snow and twinkling lights and busy shoppers.
It sounds like Nat King Cole and Michael Buble and Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

It's the time when everyone comes home from school, something which I took for granted until it was all my classmates and close friends that were the ones coming home! 
It's when family spends a lot, a lot, a lot of time together.
It's when friends buy friends presents that the receiver will probably only use once or twice, then forget about it.
But it's the thought that counts.

I know it's almost Christmas because..
My mom starts playing her Christmas albums on iTunes ALL the time.
She puts out her nativities - all 18 (and those are only the ones I can see from where I'm sitting right now.. in total there's probably around 50) - and the Christmas lights go up on the house and garage and trees.
The neighbors across the street hang up their musical Christmas lights, which threaten the sanity of every person within a 3 block radius.
The parking meters in downtown Lethbridge are always plugged, because some kind soul is being generous enough to get rid of all his or her change.
The mall is open for holiday hours, and Walmart is open 24-7.

I loooooooooooooove Christmas!!


Sidenote: Carter and I started 'Twittering' yesterday.. Follow us!! :) 
Nicole - @sometimeshere23
Carter - @yankee277

We're kind of hardcore about life these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment