12/20/10

175

~secrets/

~stories/

~history/

~truth/

r.e.m.e.m.b.e.r [t][h][e] PAST*.
p.r.e.p.a.r.e (for) [t][h][e] FUTURE*.
l.i.v.e -in- [t][h][e] PRESENT*. 

and while we're here..
even though they weren't so great.




[You] were the one who held me together
when I was falling apart.
[You] ended up being the one who tore me to pieces.

Then [you] came along, and picked up the pieces.
[You] put me back together, like Humpty Dumpty.
But again, [you] left me in ruins.

I found myself, though.
A part here, a part there.
A mistake here, a stupid move there.
I found out I could do it on my own.

But then, I found {you}.

{You} didn't hold me together..
{You} gave me the strength I needed to hold myself together.
{You} didn't pick up my pieces..
{You} drew a map to help me find my own.
{You} help me, every single day, to carry on. 

Once, you told me I keep you above water.
That without me, you wouldn't be able to do what you do.
That you need me just to find the willpower to wake up every day.

And I told you that you would be fine without me.

The truth is,
I wouldn't be fine without you.

You are one of the best things that's ever happened to me. You're my love and my best friend. And every day that goes by, it seems like I discover something new about you to love. It's incredible to me how one person can make such a big difference in my life. You touch my heart in a way I never knew was possible before you. 

Thank you for holding my hand, and for kissing my cheek.
Thank you for answering my calls at 3 in the morning.
Thank you for buying me a million dinners and movie tickets.
Thank you for the last 175 days.
And thank you for all the days to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment