12/2/10

life goes on?

Doesn't it just irk you when people change?
People you thought you knew so well?
People is too general.
When a person you thought you knew so well suddenly becomes someone totally different?


It's absolutely incredible to me how much a person can change in such a short amount of time.


One day, you're best friends. You're always together, always texting, always making jokes at each other's expense. But that's the best kind of friendship, isn't it? The kind where you can torment one another, but know it's all for fun.


The next day you wake up.. And that friend is gone. Replaced by a less fun, less involved, less friendly version of that friend.




I mean, obviously it's not that sudden.. It's a process. Gradually, a new personality forms, and soon - without even noticing it - you're left with a stranger. All that is left are the memories.


But still, you hope that the old personality will return. You wish to return to the days of corn dogs and chalk and trampolines and bike rides. You want just to be honest, just to tell them..



But that would be setting yourself up for rejection.

The only thing there is to do is to hope they're happy with the person they've become. And to you, my dear friend.. I know you're reading this.. And I hope you know that when/if you figure out you don't like who you've become.. I can help you find the old you.


*Writer's note. This post is secretly about more than one person. If you know who one of the people is.. Good for you. Keep that to yourself. 
*Another note. I am not the only one who feels this way. I know I'm not. For a fact. So don't go ahead and think I'm biased or being rude or judgmental. I just miss my friend.


1 comment:

  1. i also hate that. I've lost so many friends over the years or rather they've lost themselves. started a new chapter in their life. but when i turn around i realize so have i. it kinda sucks sometimes but looking at the positive, its all worth it in the grand scheme of things :)

    ReplyDelete