1/19/11

Anyone Else But You..

Juhee gets full credit again. :)

iPod on shuffle..
First thoughts.


1. Baby, It's Fact - Hellogoodbye
Sydnee was looking for a song that she could call 'their' song. We were on my computer, listening to songs that had tons of plays on our iTunes, and this was one of them. She listened to it, read the lyrics, listened to it again, listened to different recordings and covers of it.. Then decided that this was definitely 'their' song. He asked me why she said it, and I couldn't even tell him. I had no idea. But now, whenever I hear it, I think of 'them' and the amazing memories!

2. Vegas - Bianca
ME AND KIMBER! We were driving somewhere.. In her ancient red van.. And this song came on and we loved it.. And for the next like 2 years we kept trying to remember the song or the words or the tune or anything. Then I was in my room and it came on the radio and I called the station and begged them to tell me the name and the artist. I called Kimber immediately after and we both downloaded it. I don't know why we were so obsessed.. It's not even that catchy!

3. Forever & Always - Taylor Swift
TSwift almost always reminds me of Hannah Gibb. This particular song? I was at her house and we played it on the piano together, and screamed the words at the top of our lungs!

4. Cooler Than Me - Mike Posner
Myriam. :) Need I say more? She's hands down cooler than me!

5. Stuck On You - Sugarland
Mason + Shayla  Kayla.. Nicole + Carter.. This is our couple song.

6. Hey Jude - The Beatles
Show Choir Trip 2009. Hawaii. Bus rides around the island of Oahu. Singing Beatles at the top of our lungs. In the humid air. Oh, the sincere joy we felt.

7. Down - Jay Sean
Holly Drew. :) She was dating Michael one time, and this was his favorite song. So naturally, if it came on the radio - which it tended to.. a lot - we would call him and sing it to him, then hang up before he could say anything. One time we even made a video. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=386917710416

8. Fight Like A Girl - Bombshel
Jessica sent me the link to this song.. And I think it perfectly describes any adolescent girl's life. It's so hard to be a girl. There are so many mean girls, and boys, and it's so hard to just be yourself and learn to accept who you are!

9. California Girls - Katy Perry
Utah. Kaiti. Emily. They love this song. They say it describes them. Which is odd. Because they live in Utah, not California. But you know what? That's okay! :) Carter loves this song too. I keep telling him I'm Canadian, not Californian..

10. Sadie Hawkins Dance - Relient K
Grade 9.. Marshall and Adrian and Ethan and Dahlin were obsessed with this song. And 'Will You Go To Prom With Me' by Hellogoodbye. We used to sing it all the time. Then we kind of just forgot about this song.. Until we heard that there was a Sadies! One time I even asked Ethan to a Sadie Hawkins!!

11. Tokyo Drift - Teriyaki Boys
After an LCI game in grade 12 - I think - I went cruising with Sydnee and Lacey and Kelsey and Kaitlyn.. And we rocked out to this song. 

12. Bust A Move - Young MC
Meagan. :) We know almost all the words!

13. Over It - Katharine McPhee
Boys sucked in grade 9, and me and Sydnee knew it. I distinctly remember walking down my back alley with headphones in, screaming the words to this song. The problem was, I wasn't over it. I told her that I would sing it to her when I really was over it. And eventually I got over it! :) She is such a good friend.

14. The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne
I was driving with Brad - my first real boyfriend - and this song came on the radio and I bet him like $10 that it was Avril Lavigne. He said Fefe Dobson or something dumb. Needless to say, I trashed him bad.

15. Sunburn - Owl City
I first heard this song right before me and my mom went to Hawaii in 2010.. So I always thought of this the whole time we were there. 'She got a tan, and I gotta sunburn.' And that is how it was. 

16. See You Again - Miley Cyrus
Europe trip 2008. Everyone hated this song.. Except Payton Dudley. It was his ringtone, his alarm, his alerts.. Everything.

17. Candyman - Aqua
Madi knows every single word of this song. 

18. American Honey - Lady Antebellum
The first time I ever used Shazaam to prove Carter wrong.

19. I Wanna Talk About Me - Toby Keith
Once, I went to a Toby Keith concert with my parents. I was probably like 12. The couple in front of us got totally smashed, so we stole some front row seats. No one else was sitting there! And now me and Carter pretend to hate Toby Keith because he's SO over played. But secretly we both love him, and this song.

20. Love - Matt White
She's The Man, Maddie Graham, real life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment