5/2/10

Marilyn Monroe..

I've recently taken up Google searching profound quotes by profound women in history. I figure they probably have something to say. And the most profound of the profound women? Marilyn Monroe.
She lived in a time where women were nothing more than sex symbols - and no one more than her. But she kept her head high and her body in tip top shape. But she knew there was something more to life than what she had. Multiple times she fantasized - out loud - of her dreams of becoming a mother and a housewife. Although she was able to become a wife, she was never a mother, and never anything more than a pretty face on the big screen. I have a few favorite quotes by Miss Marilyn Monroe. "I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it. " "All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't. " "If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere." "I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it." “...If you can make a girl laugh - you can make her do anything...”
And my all time favorite:
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

1 comment:

  1. haha wow! i remember seeing that on ur status dawg!! thats sweet!!!
    myriam <3

    ReplyDelete