2/6/11

Quote of the Day.

Uh huh.. 3 posts today. Forgive me? Kaythanks.


"Father in Heaven knew that you would face challenges and be required to make some decisions that would be beyond your own ability to decide correctly. In His plan of happiness, He included a provision for you to receive help with such challenges and decisions during your mortal life. That assistance will come to you through the Holy Ghost as spiritual guidance. It is a power, beyond your own capability, that a loving Heavenly Father wants you to use consistently for your peace and happiness." - Richard G. Scott


How right Richard G. Scott is... There are so many choices I have to be making, and decisions that I really can't do on my own. Sometimes I feel so alone, because I feel like talking to anyone would be silly because I am at the age where I should be able to make these choices by myself. It's really quite stressful, as anyone who has ever been 18 would know. Luckily, Heavenly Father knows me and how stubborn I can be, and He has given me the gift of the Holy Ghost. Now, I always thought of the Holy Ghost as a completely separate being from Heavenly Father and Christ (and He is, yes), but then I found this scripture, and I realized that the Holy Ghost is an incredibly good messenger!

John 14:18 - I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

I am never alone. Ever. All I ever need to do is get off my stubborn feet, down on my knees, and pray to the Lord to send me comfort in my decision making. Although, I also need to remember this :

D&C 9:8 - But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel in my life! :) It's such a comfort to me!! I love the priesthood, and I am so happy that I get to have 4 worthy priesthood holders in my home, and that all my best friends also hold the priesthood! I am so glad for the church leaders, and my bishop, and my visiting teaching companion. I love my parents, and I love their testimonies. I love institute, and I'm super glad I got to graduate from seminary! I'm thankful for the opportunity to take the sacrament every Sunday, and to listen to the beautiful hymns. I lovee them!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment