6/19/11

primary :)

i am loving primary these days. if you ask me, i have the best calling in the ward. because i get to just sit and listen to the children learn, sing, and teach. today was definitely my favorite sunday in a long time.

every week, the primary president asks us to hold up our hands if we've read the scriptures that week. then, she counts the hands and puts (x) pennies in a jar. those pennies go towards the purchase of Book of Mormons for the missionaries. since we've raised enough money for 2 BoMs, today they asked the kids for tidbits of their testimonies to write in the front cover of the books. oh, how sweet are little children.

in junior primary, it was a lot of: "i'm thankful for my dogs." "i love my parents." "i like my brother, even though he is mean to me all the time." "i know the church is true." "i share my toys." and, my personal favorite, "Jesus made crackers so i can eat them." it's so incredible to me that these children are so confident in the gospel, that even the simplest of treats - a cracker - was given to them by the Lord.

in senior primary, it was more of: "Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father in the sky." "the Book of Mormon is true." "i'm grateful for my friends and family." "i love coming to primary and learning about Jesus." and, of course, a favorite.. "i am so thankful for the temples so i can live with my family - and my husband and my kids and my dogs - for eternity."

then, to top it all off.. we sang my #1 ultimate favorite primary song of ever. "I Love To See The Temple." every single child knew all the words to that song. even the little sunbeams!

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the 
Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray. 
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty. 
I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a 
child of God,
I've learned this truth;
A fam'ly is forever.


oh yeah, then i got to listen to boyfriend give a talk on the role of fathers in the home and how he is excited to raise a bunch of little carter juniors... and i fell in love with him all over again.

the church is so incredible. in no other religion will you go to a meeting to find 12-17 year old boys blessing and passing the emblems of the Lord. in no other religion would you see young couples teaching the gospel to the congregation instead of an old(er) man pounding the pulpit. in no other religion are 8 year old kids baptized - BY CHOICE. in no other religion do you find 19 year old guys giving up two prime years of their lives to go to foreign - or not so foreign - countries for the purpose of saving other people's salvation.

i love the gospel. i am so grateful that i was born and raised in the true church. i am so glad i am able to go to church every sunday and take the sacrament. and i can't wait to be married for time and all eternity in one of the above temples.

1 comment: