8/18/11

ixx

19 things I've done in 19 years. 

1. I've become a world traveler! Once to Austria, Germany, Switzerland and Lichtenstein, and twice to Hawaii!
2. I graduated High School. 
3. I was diagnosed with a life changing disease - but I haven't let it change my life. 
4. I was baptized a memeber of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I make an effort to remind myself of that 3 times a day. 
5. I have made - and lost - some amazing friends. Every one of them impacted me in one huge way or another. 
6. I ate head cheese. And puked it right back up. 
7. I've almost drowned. (x2)
8. I've been kissed under the fireworks. 
9. I've stayed awake all night, all day, and all night. Consecutively. 
10. I've fallen in love. For real love. Not just teenage love. 
11. I got lost on Calgary Transit once. It was horrifying. 
12. I drove 9.5 hours - by myself - just to camp with my family for 3 days (but I ended up staying for 12 days!).
13. I was stranded in Europe with nothing but the clothes on my back and a fistful of Euros for five days. 
14. I've successfully executed multiple huge surprise birthday parties. But I've haven't had a birthday party since I was 13. 
15. I've been accepted to the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, and I've been granted students loan!
16. I'm moving out of my parents basement on Saturday! I think that counts, cause it's kind of a big deal. 
17. I sent my best friend on a mission. He gets home in 7.5 months. YES!
18. I decided I'm beautiful. And no one can tell me otherwise. I don't always look it, but I always feel it. 
19. I've discovered who I am, what I'm supposed to do, and where I'm supposed to be. 

My birthday was pleasant. No cakes with candles, and no gifts with pretty paper, but I got to spend the whole day with my mom. I spent a couple hours with some old friends, and I heard a funny story that had me crying with laughter. I guess that people are right - the older you get, the less special your birthday becomes.   

Goals for the next year?
Graduate university with good grades. 
Get a good job using my studies. 
Make a new, really good friend. 

Any other suggestions for goals? :)

Thanks to everyone who made my birthday happy!

And thanks to Brissa for the tweet! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment